Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2nd Release Day for FAST FICTION! (kind of)

When I was first given a release day for FAST FICTION, it was February 18th. That date has stuck in my mind through many months of revising and editing. My publisher had suggested I wait until books would definitely be available everywhere before promoting the book and launching my blog tour. So that is set for the week of March 3rd. Then I noticed Amazon had it scheduled to release on February 11th! So I've never had so much ambiguity with a release date...but actually, I kind of like it. It's like the party just keeps going and going!

I wanted to share a few things happening, if you're interested in celebrating with me.

Today, I'm over at the Writer's Digest Blog, talking about How to Write a Fast-Draft Novel.  There's also a copy of FAST FICTION up for grabs there.


I also have several upcoming in-person events, starting with tonight:

Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Golden Ears Writing Group
Presentation on Fast Fiction 
at 7 PM
ACT in Maple Ridge, B.C.
(Open to the public.)

Saturday, March 1, 2014
Signing at the New World Library booth - 1 PM
Workshop/Panel: Crafting Heartbreak 3 PM
AWP Conference, 
Seattle, WA
(Open to the public, but you must register.)

Saturday, March 8, 2014
Workshop on Fast Fiction, 
1 PM
Blaine Library, Blaine, WA
(Open to the public.)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Talk on my background and processat 
Third Place Books 
- 7 PM
Lake Forest Park, WA
(Open to the public.)

If you're local, I hope you'll drop by to one of these! If you're not, I hope you'll join me for my blog tour, starting right here on March 3rd. Lots of prizes to be won, including writing books, courtesy of New World Library, full boxes of great fiction, audiobooks, and an agent critique!

I'm also gearing up for MARCH MADNESS WRITING CHALLENGE! If you've never joined in on this event, I hope you'll drop by and give it a try this year. There's a huge growing group of us who cheer each other on to meet self-imposed goals through the month of March. This starts February 27th right here!

I hope to see you back here soon, and in the meantime, happy reading and writing!

6 comments:

  1. Okay I couldn't wait for the Goodreads contest. Downloaded onto the Kindle! Now, did you mean Feb. 27th for the March Madness Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, thank you for the correction, Ron! You're absolutely right. March Madness starts Feb. 27th here. I hope you'll stop by, and I hope FAST FICTION is a great help & inspiration for you!

      Delete
  2. Happy release day, whenever it is officially! It's a month-long party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I hope you'll be around for March Madness this year...

      Delete
  3. I just received my book through amazon.ca. it was a pre-order so it was a nice surprise to open it today. I'll see if I can get ready to join your march challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope it inspires many new words and stories for you...

      Delete