Friday, February 7, 2014

Fast Fiction Friday: Get Moving!

This week I caught a bout of pink eye from my son. Bleh. No fun. It's especially no fun because I couldn't really leave the house for a few days, since pink eye is highly contagious. This meant no going to the gym for me, which is usually a regular part of my day.

I didn't notice it for the first couple of days, but by day 3, I was feeling so sedentary and lazy and uninspired, I couldn't stand it. (It's also been way too cold here to get active outside). I decided to do a home workout, and within about an hour, I was feeling like a different person. Not only did I physically feel better, but my brain was buzzing with ideas even during my workout.

There's definitely a connection between movement and creativity. Have you been in a creative slump or stuck for new ideas? I highly recommend going for a walk, or going up and down your stairs a few times, or even just doing a few stretches on your office chair. The more ideas you have, the more GOOD ideas you will have, and new ideas will multiply with movement.

Now, get moving!


1 comment:

  1. Winter gives me the same blahs. That's a good idea, getting up and moving to recharge those batteries!

    ReplyDelete